V A C A N C Y A N N O U N C E M E N T
Parwaan ECED in collaboration with Prime Minister’s Education Reforms Program aims to introduce Montessori Classes in the public schools of Islamabad Capital Territory. An age-appropriate curriculum is introduced which focuses on the holistic development of the child’s brain and aims to improve children’s learning outcomes. An innovative and unique methodology is used which taps all the developmental domains of a child’s brain keeping it aligned with the standards set by the National Curriculum for Early Childhood Education.
For that, we are looking for young and motivated individuals who are willing to take part in this unique methodology and teach in these Montessori Classes. The targeted age group is between 3-5 years and each classroom will have 25-30 students.
Initially, the contract is for 3 months but can extend to 6 months or more depending on the performance.
|Job Title||Montessori Teacher|
|No. of Positions||Five (Females)|
Duties and responsibilities:
The Montessori Teacher will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provide age-appropriate supervision and discipline
- Maintain a safe and comfortable environment
- Develop schedules and enforce routines
- Plan and implement lessons
- Prepare necessary materials, supplies, equipment and food needed for activities.
- Integrate the principles of child development into all aspects of program practice.
- Maintain accurate and appropriate records for each child (Portfolio).
- Ensure good sanitary conditions that meet requirements and that meet program quality standards.
- Monitor and arrange classroom supply and equipment needs with the help of Project Lead.
- Implement a variety of teaching styles, updates classroom materials, and provides for a stimulating arrangement of classroom space and equipment.
- Present weekly reports on the ongoing of the Montessori Class to Parwaan ECED.
- Develop strategies to implement the program and procedure
- Identify and use different strategies to solve individual problems of students.
- Identify and share teaching and learning concern /issues with school head and Project Lead.
- Develop work plan (curricular and co-curricular) of ECD class.
- Share and communicate the work plan with school head and Project Lead for necessary support and timely action.
- Develop system in place to share and communicate students’ progress and concern with parents and head teachers
- Develop system in place to ensure parental involvement and support in school.
- Review the students reports and develop action plans for improvement
- Provide relevant data to program staff on regular basis.
Qualification & Skills
- Masters in Education preferred.
- Applicants with Bachelors degree can apply (B.Ed, B.A).
- A diploma in Montessori training will be beneficial but not a strict requirement.
- Should be a resident of Islamabad Capital Territory.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good command over English and Urdu.
- Ability to relate positively with young children.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
* Note: Due to anticipated high volume of applications, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.